Having a baby is truly magical, but no one really tells you what happens after your little bundle actually arrives. For me, the worst has been my postpartum hair loss. Here are some postpartum truths I’ve discovered.
1. You’ll lose your hair. Lots of it.
2. Sleep deprivation is real. Like really real.
3. Food? What’s that? You’ll forget to feed yourself because all you care about is feeding your child.
4. Breastfeeding is hard. It’s okay to say “I’ve had enough” after you’ve given it your best shot.
5. You’ll have a whole new appreciation for coffee.
6. Gone are the days of social drinking.
What were your truths? I’d love to know! I may even add them to this list! Leave a comment blow.
When did your hair loss start? I’m 2.5 weeks postpartum and waiting for this to happen! My biggest thing so far is no one warned me how bad it would hurt to sneeze/cough and it never occurred to me until it happened! Makes complete sense, just didn’t think about it before!
Hi Taylor! I’d say it started to happen when I got close to three months postpartum. My hormones have pretty much regulated to where they were before I got pregnant. I actually just chopped off over 12” of my hair, so I have a really cute and short bob! Hopefully that’ll help with the hair loss.
Sneezing and coughing gets less painful! I promise.
Thanks for the follow!!!