Now that I’ve got this whole parenting thing kind of down–five months in–I can reflect on advice I received pre-baby and how right everyone was. Here are five pieces of advice I should have taken (accompanied by gifs!).
1. They grow really fast. You won’t even use your newborn-sized clothes for long. This rang true for us. Jadyn outgrew her newborn clothes in about two weeks.
2. Sleep when your baby sleeps. It’s a lot harder to do than you think.
3. Gone are the days of makeup and dressing nicely. This is partially true. Now that Jadyn is five months old, I’ve again started taking care of myself while devoting every waking moment to my child. Let me tell you–it feels GOOD to wear makeup again.
4. Shedding those last five pounds is the hardest. SO true. I’m 20 pounds down since having Jadyn, however, these last few pounds are taking forever to lose. And then I want to keep losing, so it’s a lose-lose situation for me right now (no pun intended).
5. Take it all in sans technology. As hard as it is to do, it’s worth trying. Now that we can record videos on our iPhones (remember the days of camcorders?!), recording every moment is just habit. Taking it all in and witnessing it through your own eyes rather than through a lens is special. Don’t forget it as your little one will change and grow way too fast.
What pieces of advice did you hear over and over again but never took? I’d love to know so leave a comment below!