I have finally been able to take the time to sit down and write about our wonderful trip up north to South Lake Tahoe. Tahoe is so beautiful this time of year. You can spend time at the Lake, go check out the fabulous shops and have wonderful meals at Heavenly Village or just relax in your hotel room. I enjoyed all three. It was also exciting to take Jadyn on her first road trip (she is a champ in the car) and also share the Lake with her and dip her feet in for the first time.
The one thing I was worried about was the sleeping situation in the hotel. I’ve heard horror stories of vacations ruined because of a baby who couldn’t sleep or nap comfortably.
When I made the reservations, I made sure to get two queen beds because I figured I’d just co-sleep with Jadyn, but I needed a safe way to do that. Enter the DockATot Grand.
DockATot was kind enough to send me the Grand in the La Vie En Rose print (check out my Instagram highlights for the unboxing!), as well as the traveling case for it. I received the Grand a couple days before we left and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to see how Jadyn would react to it; she never had the deluxe as a newborn. Safe to say, I was worried for nothing. She took her two naps in the DockATot Grand the day we got it (after washing the cover, of course) and slept so soundly.
Now, while Jadyn is only six-months-old, the DockATot Deluxe is actually too small for her; she’s off-the-charts tall (28″!!), so the Grand definitely fit her a lot better. She not only napped well after exciting days up in Tahoe, but she slept soundly, too. Hotel beds aren’t necessarily the best so I was glad Jadyn had something familiar and comfortable to sleep in for two nights. Jadyn and I did co-sleep in one of the queen beds, and as a new mom, I barely slept checking on her every hour or so to make sure she was comfortable. She was. Check out her interesting sleeping position below.
Here are a few reasons why I absolutely love the DockATot, whether a Deluxe or Grand:
- DockATot is a multi-functional lounger, co-sleeper and playtime lounger. During downtime in our hotel room, Jadyn was able to play with her toys while relaxing in her Grand.
- It comes in two sizes: Deluxe for 0-8 months and Grand for 9-36 months. I put Jadyn in the Grand even though she’s six months, because she’s so long (28″!!) and won’t fit in the Deluxe anymore.
- It’s handmade in Europe; designed in Sweden.
- The DockATot Deluxe and Grand are all natural, 100% cotton and OEKO-TEX certified.
- It’s an ideal micro-climate for babies and tots. This rang true for us in Tahoe. No fuss whatsoever from Jadyn when it came to sleeping and dozing in her Grand.
- For when Jadyn is in the toddler bed transition stage, the Grand will be a perfect helper.
I felt good about having Jadyn fall asleep and wake up in something so high quality and safe for her. Here’s Jadyn just lounging about in her Grand.
DockATot offers a variety of covers to choose from, as well. The La Vie En Rose is my favorite, but there’s a cover to suit your style and your baby’s.
Thanks again, DockATot, for sending me the Grand to make my vacation sleeping situation a little easier.
Do you have a DockATot Deluxe or Grand? Let me know what you love about it in the comments below!
Leave a Reply