At 34-weeks pregnant you would think that my little girl’s nursery would be completely set up and ready to go for when she arrives this December. Guess again. While my nesting instinct has kicked in in terms of getting the house cleaned up and organized for her winter arrival, my little one’s nursery is still very, very bare. The only thing I have in there right now is a full length mirror that has a frame I need to repaint, a desk lamp and and canvas art that reads “Spread the Sparkle.” With working full-time and being really tired at night, finding the time to actually sit down and order my nursery decor is surprisingly difficult for this soon-to-be millennial mama.
Enter Curated Nest. When interior designers – and recent first-time moms – Erin Coren and Lina Galvao were designing nurseries for the bundles of joy, they realized that new parents needed an easier way to shop and design their own nurseries. They needed a one-stop-shop. So Erin and Lina took their interior design talents and started Curated Nest, a website where soon-to-be and new parents can go to browse their creative nursery styles, purchase all the furniture and décor they need, or use their online interior design services for something truly custom.
Perfect for millennial parents who love to do everything online, Curated Nest’s online interior design service is an option not to miss if you’re waiting until closer to delivery to design your nursery. You can purchase the Petite Nest ($149) or the Dream Nest ($349) where you can have your nursery, toddler room or playroom custom designed for you by Lina and Erin.
The Petite Nest option is more of a kick start to designing your nursery. If you’re the creative type who just needs some guidance, this is probably the option for you. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Complete a brief questionnaire and send back to Curated Nest so they can gauge your style.
- Send Lina and Erin links to your Pinterest or Houzz boards, as well as any registries you have open as well as any photos of the room you can provide.
- One week after you send them the questionnaire, links and photos, Curated Nest will send you a custom nursery style board with products tailored for your lifestyle and design.
- You can purchase anything you like straight from your personalized link on their website.
- While there are no revisions at the Petite Nest level, you can upgrade to the full online interior design service, Dream Nest, to reap those benefits, a complete personalized experience.
As for the Dream Nest, you can choose to design your nursery (toddler room or play room) and you’ll get everything in the Petite Nest package plus:
- Access to Curated Nest’s secret designer vendors
- Floorplan showing exactly where every item will go
- Personal shopping and checkout page
- Detailed designer’s style notes and setup guide
- Registry concierge where Curated Nest will help you share your custom design on your registry, build your registry and offer a 10% discount (Baby Nest option)
I had the fantastic opportunity to try out Curated Nest’s
After completing my questionnaire and sending links to my Pinterest board, Amazon and Babies ‘R’ Us registries, Erin and Lina scheduled a 30-minute call with me a few days later. We were able to get to know each other a little more (which is SO important) and they were able to gauge my style a bit better while I was able to see how well our personalities would mesh and how well they understood my vision for my little girl’s room.
One-week after that phone call, I received my style board. I have to say that Lina and Erin nailed it on the head with my style. I consider myself a classy-chic-subtle glam type and have a vision of greys, pinks, golds and whites for my baby’s nursery. My style board from Curated Nest was spot on. Here is my style board:
So in love with what they suggested, I ended up purchasing a few things right away: the rocking chair (the beige wasn’t calling my name, but the chair in grey was) and a fitted crib sheet they recommended with a floral, watercolor pattern. I’m considering buying a few more items as well, including the cat pillow, which they selected in honor on my original baby, my black and white cat! Perk: Lina and Erin only suggest products they’d buy for their own kids. That is a definite plus!
My overall experience working with Curated Nest was fantastic. Erin and Lina really listened to what I had to say during our phone call and I could tell they referenced my questionnaire, links and photos while creating my style board as it features products I would have picked myself. As a soon-to-be millennial mom, this is a service I highly recommend. I didn’t have to leave my house or get changed out of my comfy sweats and it keeps things simple and easy.
Check out the slideshow below for a close up of some of the products in my style board.
Have you tried Curated Nest’s online interior design services before? I’d love to know in the comments below!